Gastronomy » Cookery & Pastry
Viewed 421 times
Ref ID: 1GC2019/8013 | Posted On: 15-09-2019 | Updated on: 15-09-2019
Falafel Platter with Tzatziki Sauce (Greek style)
Published by ArthurPirlian
Click on photo to view full image or click to watch video.
Attachment file :
No attachment available.
Advice / Accompaniment (Vegetable...)
Suggestions (wine, beverage...)
Servings: 20 falafel balls
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 cup yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- canola oil for frying
- 2 5.3-oz. containers plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Additional Platter Items
- Feta cheese
- green and Kalamata olives
- variety of grape tomatoes
- pita wedges
- spring mix
- Add the dried chickpeas to a large bowl. Cover by at least 2-3 inches with cold water. Soak overnight, then drain.
- Add drained chickpeas, onions, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and cayenne to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until the mixture is blended, but not pureed.
- Sprinkle in the flour and pulse a few times. Add the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate, covered, for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator and form into walnut sized balls. If balls are not staying together, add a bit more flour. (I found 3 tablespoons of flour worked perfectly.)
- Heat about 3 inches of canola oil in a deep pot to 375 degrees. Fry 4-6 balls at a time, a few minutes on each side (about 2 minutes each side), until lightly golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk together until well combined. Chill
Write your comments