Gastronomy » Wine & Spirituous
Ref ID: 1GW2018/6682 | Posted On: 13-10-2018 | Updated on: 13-10-2018
Click on photo to view full image or click to watch video.
Supplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don't pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) -- Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) -- Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT -- Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE -- Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
Servings: 6-8 servings jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Fruit & Herb Flavored Water - Healthy and refreshing!
Servings: 6-8 servings
fruit -- 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple...most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
herbs -- a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
water (tap or filtered ice
Advice / Accompanimentt (Dish...)